Sunday, November 30, 2008

PART I........THE BEGINNING

THIS STORY IS PURELY FICTITIOUS AND RESMBLANCE TO ANY LIVING OR DEAD IS PURELY COINCIDENTAL
Most ppl will say normal is boring.....but 4 me normal was just...........normal.
But by the look of what happened that day or rather started that day or to be more precise the consequences that day brought to my life, i'd like to eat my words and say that....ya normal is actually boring.....
For me normal was normal just bcoz i didn't know(of course b4 that day) that life could be anything other than normal.
Let me not make you abnormal with this normal thing and start my story.......
There was nothing special about that day as such.
It was a normal working day for me.I woke up late as usual after reshedulin the alarm for 4-5 time(that is again normal 4 me), brusherd my teeth, took bath, had breakfast and got ready for aakash institute.
The 1st class we had that day was of our zoology teacher GP Verma.....
Let me describe him 1st.....
He is a short man wid a height of aroun 5'4"-5'5"(which is again normal in India).His age must have been around 60.But his energy and enthusiasm(which was highly infectious) while teaching can anyday put a 20 year old young man to shame.
I don't know why but he'd got a thing 4 me.Even if i hid mysef in the least visible corner of the classroom, hi sharp, greedy spectacled eyes would find me and then his most favourite and my least favourite line............... Yes.......Mr. Abhishek will answer this question....
Me. Abhishek would look around at his friends with hope but that i've-no-idea-what-so-ever look on their faces was not much of a help.
But then Mr. Abhishek ...........a tall,thin,handsome and fairly intelligent guy of 18 thought that........Ok fine if he asks me the questions.......he'll get the answers.
This thought wen put into action brought a fair bit of change in my/Mr. Abhishek's situation.His ranks improved and so did the respect for Mr. Verma in his mind.....


oh sorry.......i got a bit carried away(That is again normal 4 me).
ya...........i started my bike,put on my earphones,played ACDC's Highway To HELL and started my journey towards AAKASH INSTITUTE.
The next song on the playlist was Linkin Park's What I've Done.
i stopped my bike at a traffic signal and started singing with Chris Bennington And Mike Shinoda...............in this farewell.......there's no blood....
Blood....
Oh Shit BLOOD.......
it came like a bullet to my brain.......
Blood was the topic for that day's Zoology Class....
and i hadn't even read a bit of it(reason.........day night cricket match)
Mr Verma is surely goona screw me, i thought.....
Seriously......... What I've Done,i thought and looked around restlessly.
There was an advetisment hoarding of Aakash Institute nearby.
In that a young girl wearing apron was smilin at me.
no wait........is she smiling at me or on me or on my pathetic situation,i wondered.......
anyways the traffic light turned green and i resumed my journey.
I reached the class late(which is again..............ya u guessed it right......normal for me).
Mr Verma smiled at/on me when i asked 4 his permission to get in.
He asked me to get in and to my utter surprise didn't make any comment or didn't ask for any explanation why was i late...
I sat down near Abhinav.......a tall handsome guy with an ever smilin face.......and asked him whether Mr. verma is alright.No questions,no comments........ seriously is he alright.
He told me that last test results came out that day only and i had stood second and was only 1 mark behind the topper and on top of that I had scored highest marks in zoology......
so finally i figured out the reason behind Mr. Verma's Strange behaviour.
So............ the day went fine till break.
During break one of my oldest and best friends Shandilya came to attend the next class.
I asked him why he wasn't there 4 the zoology class.
he was like.........woh sab choro.......i've a very interesting news 4 u which is both good and bad.
i said go on.....
with a very cunning smile on his face he said..............
I'll tell you the summary in FIVE words......
BE CAREFUL ON 14TH FEB ........................................................






THIS IS THE 1ST TIME I'VE TRIED MY HAND ON SOMETHING LIKE THIS.......
SO PLZ DO TELL ME UR OPINION.....

7 comments:

ritesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ritesh said...

@guys reading this blog- the very first line is misleading... If the story were fictitious, he wouldn't have written it in the first line and that too in BOLD (that's not normal!). The story has definitely some 'tadka' from his recent past.
Leaving that aside, very well written indeed. Being your first one, it was no less than awesome. Reminded me of J.K. Rowling. Especially the way you ended the story.
Just one suggestion, don't use sms language like 4 instead of four etc. and after writing use spell check to correct any typing mistakes.

Unknown said...

way of writing is excellent. but don't use sms languages.make the ending more clear to bring out some sense out of it.

Wow Taharat said...

Loved the Prologue...cooler than expected coz of stylish use of sms language (using Ritesh's words)...wich actually kinda gives it a College feel..and truly who cares for a Novelish-out of this World Stuff..where after reading first 3 line u find urself searching for the end Sentence...
and ur already dozing off by the time u reach final line...

His was racy,I was actually smiling half way through..only to find an near adapt ending...

Eagerly Waiting for Chapter 2

mausam maru said...

hey AJ.. very gud work yaar.. seriously this blog is really interestin... i hav read many blogs but not as interestin as this... hey waitin 4 ur nxt chaptr yaar.. plzz continue the story dear.. n the language u hav writtn is jus fabulous .. u knw it brings this youth kinda style yaar...

Yash said...

Your blog is simply awesome

Yash said...

Your blog is simply awesome